MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 63 - News & Announcements - Official Thread!

View Single Post

Old 08-29-2006, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rambler14
The Burninator

Rambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura aboutRambler14 has a spectacular aura about
Another match confirmed:

Quote:
Jens Pulver, the only lightweight champion in the history of the UFC, is back, and on Saturday, September 23rd, at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California, ĎLil Evilí will enter the Octagon for the first time in over four years when he takes on UFC newcomer Joe Lauzon at UFC 63.

And though Lauzon (12-3) will be making his UFC debut against one of the top 155-pounders in the world, according to Pulver (21-6-1), heís treating this fight as if itís a title match.

ď People have made this mistake of thinking that Iím overlooking somebody, but Iím not overlooking this kid,Ē he said. ďI donít overlook anything. Iím just as nervous as he is Ė I ainít been in the UFC for four years. Iím working on my stuff because MMA has been around long enough where we can all grapple, we can all box, and we can all clinch in between. Itís just a matter of who does it better and harder. I know heís a strong kid and he loves grappling. Heís got good grappling technique and tries some wild stuff and it works. This is a world title fight to me because the truth is, if I lose to this kid, I donít get that shot.Ē

Lauzon is a native of Brockton, Massachusetts, the city that produced legendary boxing champions Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler. Heís look to add to that cityís combat sports legacy beginning on September 23rd.
Rambler14 is offline   Reply With Quote