MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Adding Strawweight Division (115lbs) But No Timeline for The Debut

View Single Post

Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Cookie Monster
The Chosen One

Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
Adding strawweight and a women's 145 would make it 11 divisions with 11 belts. There is probably going to be at least one or two interim belts at any given time making the number around 12/13........ and I thought 7 was going to be too many.

Wasn't there only 4 belts a just a few years ago? Where does it stop?
I'm not quite sure I understand your statement or your question. Yes, 11 divisions will probably be 12/13 belts factoring in for the interim belts, but it's not really as simple as you make it out to be. Should a Bantamweight world class fighter not be allowed to fight in the organization unless he can make a higher weight? He's world class at BW, he should be able to showcase his talents at that weight, and if he's good enough, be rewarded for his performance with a belt. I guess I'm just not seeing how it's confusing, in my mind, a guy who fights at 135 pounds shouldn't have to bulk to 155 pounds just to keep the number of belts low. They are all separate divisions with separate people fighting, do they not all deserve a chance?

Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote