MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Adding Strawweight Division (115lbs) But No Timeline for The Debut

View Single Post

Old 02-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Liddellianenko
KO artist

Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I'm not quite sure I understand your statement or your question. Yes, 11 divisions will probably be 12/13 belts factoring in for the interim belts, but it's not really as simple as you make it out to be. Should a Bantamweight world class fighter not be allowed to fight in the organization unless he can make a higher weight? He's world class at BW, he should be able to showcase his talents at that weight, and if he's good enough, be rewarded for his performance with a belt. I guess I'm just not seeing how it's confusing, in my mind, a guy who fights at 135 pounds shouldn't have to bulk to 155 pounds just to keep the number of belts low. They are all separate divisions with separate people fighting, do they not all deserve a chance?
Don't the below 5"2" players deserve their own division in the NBA? Don't the < 115 lb football players deserve their own NFL division? Shouldn't there br a separate division in soccer for players that run < 2mph?

Heck yes, I say not only should there be divisions for each one of these, they should headline and push the current rosters to the bottom! Who really cares about those giant ass basketball players, it's too easy for them! Bring on the dunk free version, I've got my popcorn ready! And poodles, poodles need their own MMA division, stop this animal discrimination, they have feelings too!

Heck not just one more, we need 50 more divisions in basketball. It's completely unfair for the 5'6" players to compete in the 5'6.0002" players division, the height difference is just insurmountable.

In fact we should just abandon this discouraging concept of winners and losers too, everyone should win! The only difference would be one side wins ponies and the other wins unicorns! And no one should "fight" unless it is with flowers and rainbows, inside a fluffy cotton candy cage!

The sporting world would make everyone soooo happy then.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote