MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Willing To Fight the LHW title holder @ 192...

View Single Post

Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
guycanada
Bantamweight

guycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level nowguycanada is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
Pretty sure Silva said he would make 170 to fight GSP. It sad people are giving Silva heat for giving his stipulations for a super fight whereas you don't hear anything from the other two. I'll give Jones a pass as he has other things to focus on and still relatively new to the sport.

But GSP plain and simple has been ducking Anderson Silva. his fight was supposed to happen 5 years ago. GSP has done nothing but make excuses, and hasn't give one possibility of the fight. Why can't GSP just come and and say he'll do it at 170?
I think the GSP camp was avoiding the SIlva fight for two simple reasons,

1 - the long layoff

2 - The Diaz money maker. Diaz is the last big money fight at 170. Had GSP fought SIlva and lost, the fight at 170 with Diaz would have zero luster and in the mean-time Diaz would have likely lost to another WW-wrestler. No other WW has the PPV appeal (and we all know GSP gets a big cut of PPV $$)

After the Diaz fight, im sure the GSP camp will focus on the Silva super-fight for the fall, that will give him 8 months to prepare and put on the necessary weight to fight at 178 catch-weight.

Sorry Jonny Hendricks!!!

Ufc Fight Night: Davis Vs Nogueira, Ufc 131, Ufc 143, Ufc 148, Ufc on Fox 5, Ufc 156, Ufc on Fox 8
-----

Chael Sonnen - "I was in public office, and I left public office the only way a person should..In Handcuffs"
guycanada is offline   Reply With Quote