Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who should fight for the LHW title next

Who should get the next LHW title shot?

4K views 47 replies 31 participants last post by  HellRazor 
#1 ·
So Machida "won" his fight, I don't know if Dana is going to grant him a title shot after that. We also hear that if Alexander Gustafsson wins his fight he should get a title shot. And we have Daniel Cormier and Anderson Silva so after this event who should be the next person to contend for the Light Heavyweight Title?

#40 ·
Hopefully Dana doesn't stick to his word. Whatever happened to "whoever wins in the best fashion gets the shot". I also remember him maybe saying Hendricks would get a shot if he beat Koscheck? He changes his word all the time so who knows. But Machida was aggressive for like 20 seconds of the fight and doesn't deserve anything. If Gus wins, he should def get the title shot.

#43 ·
I think Gustaffson deserves a shot, i think this early in his career can actually be a benefit as he will not be as conservative in taking risks. Do i think the Swede takes it mmmm quite possibly no but it will give him a good idea of where he stands regards ability. Gustaffson has plenty of time to get better.

#48 ·
Gustafsson

Not because of any 'deserves', but rather because I want to see Jones solve a new problem.

Rashad knew is game inside and out.
Machida is an elusive super-striker.
Shogun is as talented as they come. Among humans.

None of them could do anything with this guy.

We laud Vitor Belfort just for being able to threaten him.

Except for Rashad, all these guys got finished. And Rashad looked like shit his last fight.

At least Gustafsson is something different.

If he's Able, he should move up and fight Cain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.