MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
Penn and Ellenberger failed to knock Sanchez out, so I don't see Gomi doing it. I'm not saying Gomi couldn't knock Sanchez out, but I just see it as being unlikely.

I'd be upset if Diego lost this fight. It's a great match up for him. Gomi has a punchers chance if Diego gets too aggressive, but Diego's granite chin should hold up. I just wonder when that chin will begin to weaken. He seems to take a lot of damage, and we've seen the toll that has taken in other fighters.

I hope Diego gets the finish. He seems to be better almost everywhere at this point in my opinion, and his conditioning and pace is the icing. I see him breaking Gomi down and finishing him in the later rounds. Looking forward to this one.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote