MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Stun Gun
My name is Stun Gun and I want GSP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Sanchez should win with cardio. And he has a chin, so it isn't like if Gomi lands it is lights out. They are both highly overrated. Both of their striking games are highly overrated, but Diego can win doing other things.
I disagree that they're overrated. THe current forms of Gomi and Sanchez are both a bit past prime. But tthey both offer something good for every fighter.

Sanchez is not the most skilled fighter in the world (he tends to throw out the gameplan and brawl) he's a high intensity fighter who gives guys troubles, he's got a great chin, he's got underrated grappling (top game, not bottom) his striking to my knowledge has never been said to be great. He's an okay striker.

Gomi is past prime for sure, but he's been looking good last few fights. His cardio needs work. But to say Gomi is overrated in the striking department is horse shit. He hits harder than any other LW, and puts a lot of pressure on you, and throws big body shots. He strugles with guys who are more technical because he's a bit wild with his punches, and throws wide often times. His grappling is a bit underrated too, he hasn't looked good in the UFC but back in pride he showed great submission skills. Not the best, but more than most give him credit for. He has good TDD as well.

Stun Gun is offline   Reply With Quote