MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 17 Discussion

View Single Post

Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #196 (permalink)
Joabbuac
Light Heavyweight

Joabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJoabbuac Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin View Post
As for Luke, I didnt see it as him being a wimp so much as there being a clash of training philosophies. I've seriously met some legit fighters who do spar hard very frequently. They use sparring more like speed-chess than a representation of a fight. If you come from a camp like that and suddenly you're getting cracked in the face, I could see how you might feel that your partner is being too hotheaded.

Conversely, me coming from a camp that does incorporate regular hard sparring, I could see how someone would get annoyed if their partner was constantly like "hey man, lighten up."
He is clearly not a wimp, we have all seen how he fights. He was being a bitch though Even if you are not expecting it that hard (it didn't look that hard) you should be able to just take it and settle in to the new pace.

When i am going light with someone who wants to get heavy i tend to just keep hitting light its good practice for me, cant rely on power or aggression and have to just out think someone who is hitting harder, i would never get angry or have a moan....it would never even go through my mind to do so.
Joabbuac is offline   Reply With Quote