MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Yushin Okami vs. Hector Lombard Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #42 (permalink)
Stun Gun
My name is Stun Gun and I want GSP

Stun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
You may be right. And I have stated that Okami can win if he takes him into deeper waters and makes him work.

But aside from gassing? I don't think very many guys at 185 are taking Lombard down. His Judo base is too good, couple that with his sheer power and stature and it is hard to get him down. His thighs/legs are so powerful it is ridiculous.

I do think Lombard is an overrated striker. But there is no denying his explosiveness and power. He is a good enough striker to utilize his power. Okami is a jabber.

Lombard could show up like he did vs. Boetsch and not be aggressive, but you would think he would have learned from that. If Lombard comes out ready and aggressive, I don't see how Okami survives.
If Lombard comes in like he did against Palhares, Okami will grab a hold of him and drag Lombard down. Okami is strong as hell, so is Lombard, but Okami is much bigger.

Sig Credit - Killz
Stun Gun is offline   Reply With Quote