• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

***OFFICIAL*** Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez Thread

8K views 142 replies 54 participants last post by  tommydaone 
#1 ·
Lightweight bout: 155 pounds

See less See more
#36 ·
Diego missing weight is a blessing. Gonna be worried about his job, so won't go out and lay on Gomi, which is the only way this fight could possibly be boring. Therefore, this can only be a war, which is awesome. If you can't already tell, I am bloody excited for this card!

#39 ·
I'd like to see Diego get the finish here against Gomi. He hasn't finished a fight since 2008 and Gomi is a good candidate for that.

#42 ·
Sigh I like Diego but missing weight is just annoying. Should of YES cartwheeled then pounds off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

#46 ·
surpised how easily Gomi is lighting Diego up on the feet. Diego has always been that brawler but Gomi looks good tonight.

#48 ·
Sanchez looks like he's employing a Greg Jackson plan. Run away and get takedowns. Control the fight for a longer percentage of the round. They knew Gomi's cardio is his weakness and they want to grind him down.

I'm also really pissed off to see Diego's spare tire knowing that he missed weight by two pounds and then said that Gomi "better not be crying" since those two pounds cost him $24,000

#52 ·
We saw the old Sanchez there at the end and he was getting the better of Gomi. Too little too late though.

20-18 Gomi.

I imagine he'll go back to Jackson's gameplan in the third and lose yet another round.

#55 ·
Gomi 20-18 for me. Sanchez "could" have gotten that first round purely based on the takedowns but he didn't really do anything with them. Gomi has been backing him up the whole fight and landing pretty much at will. Diego hasn't landed anything substantial in my eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.