• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

***OFFICIAL*** Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez Thread

8K views 142 replies 54 participants last post by  tommydaone 
#1 ·
Lightweight bout: 155 pounds

See less See more
#64 ·
30-27 Gomi. Sanchez did nothing of note throughout the fight. A few jabs, a few front kicks, the Jon Jones side kick to the knee, and a hideous flying knee. A performance that was more show than fight.

Gomi on the other hand ate that belly up in the first and second rounds, established a jab that actually did something, and had some effective kicks. Aside from the first round the Grappling was controlled by Gomi, even then Diego's takedowns had nothing following them.

Edit: wow, what a terrible decision. Diego by split? He did nothing. Not with his takedowns, not with his striking, not with his anything. I guess being pushed back to the fence and running away while gimmick kicking is what wins rounds now.

#82 ·
Gomi did nothing and got taken down multiple times. Easy enoughj for judges to see it in Diego's favor.

Next time don't be gamble heavy on a fight that can do either way :thumb01:

#77 ·
I bet on Diego, thought he lost a split. I'll take it!

That last flurry helped. I was hoping for a brawl all five rounds. These guys fought fairly technical all three rounds surprisingly.

*NOTE* Gomi fights like Garcia.

#86 ·
Lol sorry xD what is a roll? :confused02: I assumed it was like a paycheck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.