MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Yushin Okami vs. Hector Lombard Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #117 (permalink)
Stun Gun
Asian MMA is dead
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Lombard shows that he can finish fights, but he hasn't learned that he now has to game plan as the competition is significantly stronger.

He hurt Boetsch, but didn't capitalize. He stormed and beat Toquinho which is a solid win in my books.

Okami is a very well rounded fighter and two time contender. He never hurt Lombard, but Lombard did hurt him. At the end of the day it's about control, positioning, takedowns, damage and ultimately points. If Lombard exploded earlier maybe he could have taken the first, lost the 2nd and won the third. Who knows.

I don't think Lombard is super over rated, but maybe a bit overly hyped because it's obvious he does have the KO power and skills. Over rated is when you're losing BADLY or getting koed or submitted left and right.

In order for Lombard to stick around he should face Belcher or get a pay cut. His value has dropped significantly. That third round "may" have saved em for one last fight in the org.

Overall I really enjoyed the fight because Okami fought a sound and intelligent game plan against a formidable Judoka player and knockout artist.
I agree with everything you said here. Lombard lacks fighter IQ. He did decent tonight. Okami is a tough guy to beat.

I'd like to see Lombard crush a guy like Tim Kennedy.

I was really impressed with Okami tonight, he didn't back down, he fought well, he was throwing that jab in lombards face, got some nice takdowns, and showed he's still a contender

Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline   Reply With Quote