MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diego Sanchez calls out Nate Diaz next, wants to be first man to defeat both brothers

View Single Post

Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I don't ever remember him missing weight before, I expected him to trash Gomi and he didn't but I think his next performance will be better, he had not cut that amount of weigh in a long time and to do it in a foreign country can be disastrous.

I think he can be top ten and I think he's a bad match up for Nate but he'll clearly have to be better than he was last night.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I agree with most of this. Diego may not be what he once was, but last night is not how Diego fights. He's not a guy who just circles and looks tentative for three rounds. I think he can do better and I'm honestly hoping the cut just effected him too much. Honestly, the short duration where he did look like the Diego of old, he had Gomi backed up and at a disadvantage. I'm not sure why he would follow that up with just circling away and not committing to anything. I'm reserving judgment on Diego at the moment. I'm not going to throw him under the bus for one bad performance. He's just lucky he got the decision and has a chance to redeem himself. If he had lost, who knows how his future in the UFC would have looked. I'm expecting much more from Diego in his next fight, but we will see. I could be wrong, but I'm going to remain optimistic. I'm not one of those fans who just trashes a fighter because of one performance. If it happens again next time, then I'll agree with the general thought about Diego Sanchez right now.

He may drop a decision to Nate if they fight and if he's unable to take him down, but I still think he can make an impact in the division if he returns to his natural form in the octagon.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Diego Sanchez
Stapler is online now   Reply With Quote