Votes: 0 0.0%

***OFFICIAL*** Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Thread

44K views 579 replies 109 participants last post by  Sportsman 2.0 
#1 ·
Welterweight bout: 170 pounds
Five round fight for the UFC Welterweight Championship

See less See more
#5 ·
This is going to be the best GSP we have ever seen. He's going to be aggressive, on-point with his striking, and Diaz is not going to be able to handle Georges' wrestling. As much as I'd like to see a Diaz brother hold a belt, this isn't going to be the one they get. Georges hasn't been this motivated since the second Penn fight, and before then the second fight against Serra. GSP's going to win this fight, and he's going to do it in dominant fashion, and will finish Nick Diaz. It might take until the 4th, but he's finishing Nick Diaz. Bring the pain Georges!

#14 ·
This is going to be the best GSP we have ever seen. He's going to be aggressive, on-point with his striking, and Diaz is not going to be able to handle Georges' wrestling. As much as I'd like to see a Diaz brother hold a belt, this isn't going to be the one they get. Georges hasn't been this motivated since the second Penn fight, and before then the second fight against Serra. GSP's going to win this fight, and he's going to do it in dominant fashion, and will finish Nick Diaz. It might take until the 4th, but he's finishing Nick Diaz. Bring the pain Georges!

#22 ·
That is a joke. The ONLY way he gets a finish is by cuts. And it may happen because Diaz has much scar tissue and GSP no doubt will be on top afraid to throw and grind elbows into his face.

Other than cuts there is NO POSSIBLE way he finishes Diaz. You have perhaps one of the hardest to finish in the UFC vs. a guy who hasn't finished a fight in years...in 5 rounders!

GSP has no shot of subbing. He has no shot of TKO/KO. 1 bad bad cut is his only option. I have no clue how anyone could think otherwise?

It gets annoying as hell when people say "I think GSP will finish this one" every time he fights. But it is even more ridiculous when it is vs. the hardest guy to finish that he has ever fought.

Diaz is getting pummeled. Angry GSP is awesome.
Angry GSP is exactly what Diaz wants. I am a big Diaz fan, but I realize he has little shot vs. GSP if he is going to do the usually lay and elbow. If GSP gets that angry and tries to strike a bunch....or goes ape shit on the ground....DIaz has a MUUUUUCH better chance of landing a punch or a sub that changes everything.

GSP opening up and being mad is the only chance Diaz has. I hope GSP is angry as all hell.

Diaz doesn't have the power to put down dark place GSP.
Tell that to Robbie Lawler. Who has at least twice the chin any sort of GSP has.

#16 ·
Nick Diaz, arguably the toughest fighter in MMA versus a guy who massively lacks killer instinct, and people think this = GSP finishing Diaz?

Ruahahahahahahahahhheerrhruaaahhhhhhhhh

Logic, not even once. As I said in the pre-fight Carlos Condit hype, if GSP finishes a guy as tenacious as Nick Diaz, I'll eat my undies.

#31 ·
Even tho GSP has been one of my favorite fighters for ever, and has been in my sig since 2006, I have a feeeling he's going to lose.

I had a bet with Toxic way back when when the fight was first announced and i'm still going to contact him and bet again, that GSP will lose.

(I don't even know why I think he'll lose, it's just a gut feeling.)

But if he wins, I'll obviously be happy because I'm a fan and will be rooting for him.

But Diaz will win :confused05:

#35 ·
GSP by 5 rounds of beating Diaz in his head. I actually want this fight to last 5 rounds because I want to see this punk get out struck, out grappled, and GnPed for 25 full minutes. Then when he whines and bitches and starts another fight he can get cut and go to jail like he should have after the last 2 fights he started after the match was over.

#44 ·
...For the first time, GSP wants to announce a beatdown on somebody. He's never done that before. He's always been respectful of everybody. It's either going to give him unreal focus or emotionally take him out of his game. Nick will taunt GSP like never before in the cage. How will he handle it? Nobody has ever pissed GSP off like this. Maybe it will bring back the days when he was bullied and GSP will just completely destroy Nick. Maybe the emotions might run too high for GSP on a takedown and Nick might capitalize on a mistake and that's all it takes with Nick's freakish groundskills. I picked GSP to smash and completely overwhelm Diaz on the gound with elbows & punches until the ref stops it...

#66 ·
Going with Diaz on this one, ever since the match was first brought up ages ago i thought diaz stylistically is a big problem for gsp
Comments like this make me laugh. GSP is absolutely Diaz' worst stylistic match up. Diaz wins by putting on the pressure, backing you up, and whittling you down through volume. He's flat footed during it and relies on the pressure to put your back against the cage.

GSP - quite simply - won't let him do that. GSP is the master at dictating where the fight happens. When Diaz starts pushing forward on his feet GSP will put him on his back. When Diaz starts trying to make room for a sub he'll cut him open with elbows. Rinse and repeat. And GSP has the cardio to go toe to toe with Diaz' cardio. He can keep up this pace all night.

Diaz - as other fights have shown - has a hard time when he can't control the pace or the placement of a fight. He does not adapt well as he only has one gameplan. Against GSP that's not nearly enough.

This fight will be a massacre.

#49 ·
I said that I dont believe that Nick Diaz will get finished. But after I just saw Brian Stann who has a great chin got knocked out by Wanderlei Silva and other examples, it puts doubt into my mind. MMA is a wacky sport, it would be a crazy sight if GSP manages to (T)KO Nick Diaz. To me, Nick seems like a guy who would rather go to sleep then tap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.