Votes: 31 27.4%
  • No

Votes: 82 72.6%

Agree with Corey Winning or Not

4K views 72 replies 56 participants last post by  hollando 
#1 ·
Thread title pretty much explains it. Give some feedback :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Hell No. I think that BJ scored it best. First round, tie. Second round, Emerson. And I also think that those Leg kicks were doing way more then the jabs were. First time I've ever been so un-happy with a judges choice. That's almost disgusting. Joe Lauzon for the Champ.

#5 ·
I would've given it to Emmerson based on the legkicks. Corey had problems with those, and Emmerson dished them out. Corey just sort of frustrated Emmerson, while he (Emmerson) did actual damage.

Corey is a good athlete, and was in there to fight, but he needs some real training.

#6 ·
Me personally, I believe that in a 10 point round system, Corey won. But if you look at the fight as a whole, Emerson won easy.

Round 1...Corey barely won it, if not a draw type round.

Round 2...Emerson won clearly and decisively.

Round 3...Again, Corey eeks one out.

Emerson caused more damage with his leg kicks, while Corey relied too heavily on the jab. I saw some big problems with Hill's game, and I don't think he's gonna go all the way.

#8 ·
nope. would have gave that win to Emerson. they connected about the same amount of times, but Emerson was clearly doing more damage with those leg kicks. when one has a bloody nose and has a bruised leg after the fight and the other walks out unscathed its kinda obvious who did more damage. did Emerson do everything he could to win? hell no! but neither did Corey.

#11 ·
I can't decide decisively who won. Emerson wasn't the aggressor. He could have won that fight. He has way more experience than corey hill and he threw away a second opportunity to advance. There have to be a lot of 155lb fighter out there that deserve a spot on the show more than him

#15 ·
snook_crook said:
I dont know that fight was to tuf to call, i dont think corey has enough power to hurt anyone hes to skinny and lanky he just needs alot more body size. the winner of the show is either going to be Joe Lauzon or Matt Wiman.
That was a horrible decision call. I usually agree with the judges but for this one I totally don't.

#16 ·
I guess I wouldve givin it to Emerson but I was pretty unhappy with both of them. It really doesnt matter because neither have or had any real chance at winning it all. I dont think either is a very good fighter. But I agree with Horn, Corey has massive potential.

#17 ·
This is UFC not dance studio.

These guys are supposed to be fighters.They stood around most of the time.Cory is not as bad as he thinks he is.He should not have won.If I was either of their coaches I would have screamed at them for Ignoring me .They didn't listen to their coaches.This is the UFC not dance studio.They either start banging and tie up for a slam of follow their punches and kicks up with several combinations.The first fight was great.

#20 ·
I'm saying no, I was honestly disappointed in the fight. I've been waiting to see Hill tussle since the season started, thinking he was going to be some animal in the ring and exciting to watch.... that didn't happen. I'm sitting here watching and by the end of the first round I realize that I damn near would have given that round to Emerson. I thought overall Emerson was the more aggresive and he dished out a lot more damage, some of those kicks were just nastay sounding.

#24 ·
I don't think either fighter was that impressive.
The way the coaches yell out commands and the opponents know what to look for... I'd like to see a coach switch it up.
One round call for low kicks when the guy should throw an overhand, etc. Mix up the calls. Might work for at least a round and give a guy an advantage. The fighters do listen while concentrating on the opponent anyway, might as well use it to your advantage.

#25 ·
Emmerson? You mean, the guy that was given two huge opportunities, and let both of them slip away? You mean Emmerson, the guy who didn't look good against Diaz OR Hill, and lost a decision to an amateur fighter that he easily could've won? I think not.

Anyway, I really thought Emmerson could have won this, but I think Hill's aggression was what won him the third round. It's not really Hill's fault that he won, it was Emmerson's.

#26 ·
herton17 said:
I feel bad for Emmerson, man...The guy definitely deserves a spot in the UFC. Lauzon and him both need a contract...
He gets his ass kicked by Nate Diaz while losing a razor thin decision to a guy who had his first MMA fight with no extensive MMA training except for on this show, and yet he deserves a contract? Makes sense, might as well give me a contract too while we're at it.

I said it once and I'll say it again, Emerson ****ing sucks. And yes, he did lose that fight. Was it razor thin? Yes, did he win? No. He landed about 3 good leg kicks in the last round while Corey pushed the pace, landed more shots while Emerson just swung wild like a ****ing idiot.

And I'll just clear this right now, before anyone says the judges "leaned more towards Corey", what the **** does the UFC have to gain with having Corey Hill going to the quarter finals on this show? NOTHING, obviously he's going to get worked by anyone with a semi-good striking game and a below average ground game, so he's just going to lose his next fight.

Not that I'm downing Corey or anything, I was unaware like everyone else that he never had a MMA fight, so I give him a lot of credit for squeezing in all the knowledge he gained on the show so far and he did bring it. I'll just repeat, Emerson ****ing sucks.

And Joe is a beast... :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.