MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strength & Power Training

View Single Post

Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
wukkadb
Das ▄bermensch

wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSixpack
How can u mention bodybuilding or whatever you define as lifting around lumps of metal in the gym and not mention nutrition? In fact I just read alot on bodybuilding.com that I never knew and Ive put 8 years into the gym, and recently got back into it.

Im not interested in suppliments but reading about timing of eating has been an eye opener.

As for a routine, which lacks training certain muscles; and over emphasises others. Well there is no magic barrier stopping your body from looking freaky and out of proportion. Dont train calves > chicken legs; dont train incline bench? > pigeon chest. Dont train arms and have huge shoulders and weak arm developement and you will have a few other unkind nicknames.

ATG squads? Bodybuilders stopped doing this in the 70s because it is a great way to ruin you knees (not smart if you have to ground fight in MMA).

Shrugs on a pull day and military press on a press day? Why they are both shoulder movements?

Also when training its advantageous to "mix it up" a bit. Do slight variations of exercises to keep your muscles guessing. If you dont take my word for it, ask Rich Franklin, he has a circuit type workout where he doesnt know what the weights will be or presumably the exercises. Its on youtube if you want to search.

Did I mention nutrition? You wont get anywhere in bodybuilding without a good diet.

Also if u are just starting or getting back into weights, then you probably will want to avoid your other training since you will be hobbling about till u get into your 2nd week.
It's ridiculous how many false statements and made up things you have in that response. First of all, why would I include nutrition? Diet and nutrition is a completely different subject than strength and power training. Second of all, shrugs are not using your shoulders, but actually your BACK. Another thing you fail to realise, almost ALL of those lifts are COMPOUND LIFTS, meaning they are hitting multiple muscles at the same time. I'm sorry but your response is very ignorant/uninformed, goodluck though. Also, a "weight training circuit" has nothing to do with S&P, its a conditioning/endurance subject. And if you want to work out your calves, do some sled pulls/push your car/run with a wheelbarrow full of weights up hills. Calf raises don't make your calves ****ing strong, they make them look bigger/better.

What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.

Last edited by wukkadb : 05-10-2007 at 11:36 PM.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote