Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Frank Mir says 'dumb tattoo' keeps your mind off Brock Lesnar's 'very feminine chest

5K views 56 replies 23 participants last post by  sg160187 
#1 ·
'Fighter's Cut' video preview: Frank Mir says 'dumb tattoo' keeps your mind off Brock Lesnar's 'very feminine chest muscles'

By Jesse Holland on Mar 5 2013, 2:39p

FUEL TV will debut "Fighter's Cut" tonight (March 4, 2013) at 10 p.m. ET, and who better to kick off the show than the outspoken former heavyweight champion, Frank Mir?

Why is former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir still bagging on fellow ex-division titleholder Brock Lesnar, who retired from mixed martial arts (MMA) back in late 2011 to return to professional wrestling?

Because FUEL TV wants to know what goes on inside his mind when he watches their epic battle from 2008, when "The Brockness Monster" made his Octagon debut at the UFC 81 pay-per-view (PPV) in Las Vegas.

"He flexed and I said, 'Man, you see how big his back is?' To see a guy who's six-four and that thick, and long muscles on top of that, athletically moving, I was impressed. It's funny how things hit you. I was like, 'I know why he got the tattoo! It was to take everybody's mind off the fact that he has boobs.' You know they kind of hang, when he jumps, they bounce up and down. So I thought, 'Oh, it's a diversion. Look at my dumb tattoo so you can keep your mind off my very feminine chest muscles.'"
Lesnar was submitted by Mir in their first encounter, but avenged his loss at UFC 100 by way of technical knockout and retired before they ever had a chance to settle their score. Unless, of course, this latest jab is Mir's half-hearted attempt to lure him back into the cage for one more fight.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/5/40...lesnar-dumb-tattoo-feminine-chest-muscles-mma

#6 ·
It's too bad they didn't do Lesnar/Mir 3 instead of Lesnar/Overeem because while I love new fights, sometimes trilogies need to be had, especially when fights were spread out. I think Lesnar would take the fight 7/10 times or so, mainly because the way the first two fights went, I couldn't really see either winning in any other fashion.

#16 ·
Does OU like any fighter?

The concept of 'hating' someone you've never met and likely never will meet has always been strange to me. I can see having a distaste for Mir and Lesnar, but hatred is a stretch. I could see hating them if we found out they beat their wives and children or secretly torture dogs and cats, but hating them because they talk a little smack on camera? People need to gain some perspective.

I hate my abusive father. I don't hate Brock Lesnar because he cut a promo after stomping Mir.

#17 ·
Yeah I had this similar shit come up when I made a thread about which fighter you hate the most. As a sports fan I have no problem throwing out the word hate. I hate Texas, I hate the Lakers, I hate Brock Lesnar and Chael Sonnen.
It's part of sports, you may not feel comfortable with the terminology but that is just you over thinking it. Lighten up.

Oh yeah DC will destroy Mir in an uncompetitive fight.

#26 ·
Its funny how people use that "he was winning the fight" argument to diminish the other mans win. Do you people know how many times a fight is won because the other fighter made a mistake. Just the fact that Frank Mir knew what to do at that point strengthens his win over Nog not diminish it. At least that is how I see it.

Reactions: Cookie Monster
#34 ·
Well, the way Mir saw it was he woke up with Big Nog's arm already locked, in auto pilot mode. Well, because Mir is such a extremely technical BJJ pratictioner he was able to lock that by instinct, yet, taking advantage of the most stupid mistake we ever witnessed in MMA, sponsored by Big Nog. Actually he never defended that lock because he tought Mir was half sleep.
Props to Mir (the douche), but reality is he was totally doomed before Big Nog stupidity.
Worse day of my life watching MMA, for sure.

#48 ·
Mur is no dummy, after the last beating Brock put on him he had enough sense to wait until Brock was long retired before trying to pick a fight with him. Brock was kicking franks ass pretty good in the first fight until Brock made a similar mistake as Nog, Mir may be a douche nozzle but don't sleep on him going for a easy sub..

#50 ·
Mir vs. Lesnar I was a hell of a lot better than Tank Abbott vs. John Matua. I always have a laugh at people who yell, 'Well I've been watching since 1995!' as though being a fan from the era of bar brawlers and 40 year old karate instructors is something to be proud of.

I'd dabbled in a few Pride events and various minor leagues in the early 2000s but didn't get big into watching MMA until GSP left UCC/TKO for the UFC. From there I started watching a bit more Pride, some K1, etc. There's nothing wrong with coming along a bit later than others, especially if you're interested enough to go back and watch past events, etc. Youtube and the Fight Network allow for virtually anyone to expose themselves to various MMA organizations, be they past or present.

#51 ·
Mir vs. Lesnar I was a hell of a lot better than Tank Abbott vs. John Matua. I always have a laugh at people who yell, 'Well I've been watching since 1995!' as though being a fan from the era of bar brawlers and 40 year old karate teachers is something to be proud of.

I'd dabbled in a few Pride events and various minor leagues in the early 2000s but didn't get big into watching MMA until GSP left UCC/TKO for the UFC. From there I started watching a bit more Pride, some K1, etc. There's nothing wrong with coming along a bit later than others, especially if you're interested enough to go back and watch past events, etc. Youtube and the Fight Network are fairly easy avenues for getting caught up.
Yeah I didn't really become a fan until UFC hit SPIKE. I watched here and there before that but never really saw anything live. First live fight I remember checking out was Chuck vs Tito in 2004. But even then I was a very casual fan. I didn't see any Pride shows live until their final year. But I have gone back since then and watched plenty of fights that took place before that time. Still there are people that have been watching MMA for much longer then I have.

#54 ·
UFC 57 was the first one I saw, then I started watching Pride regularly.. and the UFCs a little more irregular, but I still watched them all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.