MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strength & Power Training

View Single Post

Old 05-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
SgtSixpack
Amatuer

SgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A Hug
Shrugs are performs with the trapizius, its a shoulder movement. Ive trained 8 years and Ive only seen shrugs done after doing a shoulder press of some type.

The main point I am making is that, setting a lifting program to me is just childs play. You can perform exercises but you will not get stronger without proper nutrition and sleep. Training is 20%. Im not trying to sell supliments but that bodybuilding.com has some great info on it. Probably has some good workout routines too.

I know some people say "I train everthing at once", when u can do that but your body is like everyone else's u need to allow time for it to heal after a work out. Do muscle groups once a week.

Not everyone who trains MMA will get to the UFC but gains made in the gym are yours to keep; be certain you end up looking better than you did before starting.
SgtSixpack is offline   Reply With Quote