MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Johny Hendricks vs. Carlos Condit Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Banned

TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
Tough fight to call.

I love Condit but his takdedown defense is horrid. Even though he has a good chin, he's also prone to getting hit. However, I think the only edges that Hendricks has in this fight are power and wrestling. Condit has better technical striking and better jiu jitsu, and I haven't see Hendricks on the ground long enough to gauge his top control. His fight with Rick Story didn't show too much promise in that realm, although Story isn't a bad wrestler himself.

My prediction is that Hendricks will score with one or two left hands in the fight that won't put Condit away but may hurt him. He'll factor in some wrestling to earn points because the longer Condit manages to control the distance, the worse it gets for Hendricks.

Hendricks via SD (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote