MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strength & Power Training

View Single Post

Old 05-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
SgtSixpack
Amatuer

SgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSixpack

ATG squads? Bodybuilders stopped doing this in the 70s because it is a great way to ruin you knees (not smart if you have to ground fight in MMA).
You didnt defend this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSixpack
Shrugs on a pull day and military press on a press day? Why they are both shoulder movements?
I didnt say "traps" are shoulders, "traps" are "traps" and deltoids are deltoids; but the basic shoulder exercise uses traps so thats why everyone and his dog does shrugs on a shoulder day. Not that Shrugs are an essential exercise. I dont do them because by the time u done bicepts you have worked your traps. When doing bench you use your front detoids. When doing back exercises you work you rear delts alot.

At one point in my training I found I was overtraining my front deltoids because they were hurting when I did bicepts or went for a jog.

One program does not fit all gym users.
SgtSixpack is offline   Reply With Quote