MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strength & Power Training

View Single Post

Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
wukkadb
Das ▄bermensch

wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSixpack
You didnt defend this statement.

I didnt say "traps" are shoulders, "traps" are "traps" and deltoids are deltoids; but the basic shoulder exercise uses traps so thats why everyone and his dog does shrugs on a shoulder day. Not that Shrugs are an essential exercise. I dont do them because by the time u done bicepts you have worked your traps. When doing bench you use your front detoids. When doing back exercises you work you rear delts alot.

At one point in my training I found I was overtraining my front deltoids because they were hurting when I did bicepts or went for a jog.

One program does not fit all gym users.

Only bodybuilders have a "shoulder" day so I could care less what they do. I break my workouts into a PULL day, a PRESS day, and a SQUAT day, I am looking to get strong, not look good in front of the mirror and have a small *****. As far as ATG Squats go, you got it backwards, ATG squats are actually better for your knees than parallel because it is a full compound movement, you'd know this if you took any physiology class.

"In a properly-positioned full-depth squat (hips below the knees), tension in the hamstrings balances the forces on the knee joint by opposing the force of the quadriceps. If the depth of the squat is not sufficient to generate this hamstring tension, the tension of the quadriceps on the knee is disproportionately great, resulting in potentially damaging shear force" -taken from Nutrition, Fitness, Athletics, Health, Longevity, Paleo, Intermittent Fasting - The Performance Menu ,article 15.

I seriously can't believe people like you can look at all the information I have provided and still think you're right. Then again, your name is 'SgtSixPack'

What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote