MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz Conference Call Audio; You Don't Want to Miss This!

View Single Post

Old 03-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #61 (permalink)
dlxrevolution
Featherweight

dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
On a serious note, I understand where both guys are coming from, and I don't fault either guy for being the way they are.

Nick Diaz, in his heart, wasn't trying to be a disrespectful person to GSP. He just feels that he doesn't get the recognition he deserves for how long he's been in the fight game and the quality of competition that he has beaten. He feels that he works just as hard as GSP yet doesn't get the same treatment. And he's upset with the fact that because of how he's dealing with the conditions he was brought up in which are out of his control, he's being portrayed as the "Bad Guy", and he doesn't want people to have this negative image of him.

GSPs whole point was that contrary to Nicks opinion of him, he was NOT born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was saying that him and Nick were born in the same poverty stricken situation, but the difference is that he has figured out how to get himself out of that situation while Nick would rather sit there and complain about how bad life is.

I don't think either of these guys are at fault. As far as I'm concerned, these are just two people that operate on completely different wavelengths. GSP operates off of knowledge and wisdom. Nick operates off of heart and courage.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote