MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dos Santos' Trainer: Overeem Doesn't Want To Fight Dos Santos

View Single Post

Old 03-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
I agree with the first part, but not so much with the second. DC although somewhat green in his standup (although he looked fine for a HW) clocked Bigfoot with some hard hits that would have knocked anyone out.

I can see what you are saying as far as the much bigger Overeem with a rep behind him should have hurt him more, but I don't think he landed as solid a shot. Fedor caught bigfoot with some bombs himself and bigfoot didn't flinch. I just think DC hits really hard.

First part was on point though.
I'm a big DC believer and yes he hits hard. But it is sad when undersized wrestlers beat him down. But the k-1 champ and one of the bigger guys in the division can't do much in a standing fight. Overeem was touted as automatically the best striker at HW because he got lucky and won a kickboxing tourney with puffy gloves. He is no where near the best striker, couple that with his iffy chin and lack of resilience and you have 1 overrated piece of crap.

He was winning that fight. But Cain, DC, Werdum, Roy, Hunt, JDS would/have all handle Bigfoot standing as well. His paper skills don't match what I see in the cage. He is slow and chinny.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote