MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dos Santos' Trainer: Overeem Doesn't Want To Fight Dos Santos

View Single Post

Old 03-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By Alljonnyg4508 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
I agree with the first part, but not so much with the second. DC although somewhat green in his standup (although he looked fine for a HW) clocked Bigfoot with some hard hits that would have knocked anyone out.

I can see what you are saying as far as the much bigger Overeem with a rep behind him should have hurt him more, but I don't think he landed as solid a shot. Fedor caught bigfoot with some bombs himself and bigfoot didn't flinch. I just think DC hits really hard.

First part was on point though.
I'm a big DC believer and yes he hits hard. But it is sad when undersized wrestlers beat him down. But the k-1 champ and one of the bigger guys in the division can't do much in a standing fight. Overeem was touted as automatically the best striker at HW because he got lucky and won a kickboxing tourney with puffy gloves. He is no where near the best striker, couple that with his iffy chin and lack of resilience and you have 1 overrated piece of crap.

He was winning that fight. But Cain, DC, Werdum, Roy, Hunt, JDS would/have all handle Bigfoot standing as well. His paper skills don't match what I see in the cage. He is slow and chinny.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote