Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs Chuck Liddell

• Chuck Liddell

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Shogun Rua

Votes: 9 47.4%

Mauricio "shogun" Rua Vs Chuck Liddell

851 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  jdun11 
#1 ·
I believe this is the only challenger to Chuck, that I truly feel would be favored if they faught..I know Wanderlei, is a beast..But Chuck is a bad match up for him and we all know it..So if he fights Chuck and loses you know his friend and protege Shogun will want a piece of Chuck.
In my eyes, Chuck should want no piece of this kid...Shogun got the faster hands, more explosive kicks and knees, better in the clinch, and waaay better on the ground..Chuck will always have a chance because of his power..But in my opinion, if Chuck fights Wandy, and wins he should retire before he fights Shogun..I'm not sayin Chuck would get blown out of the ring, but, I'd rather see him go out on top, than get ko'd by the next great fighter...It happens to alot of guys and i dont wanna see it happen to him..

#2 ·
One this fight will never happen but if it did it would be a dream come true.

Second, I'd give this to Shogun hands down in a couple of years but right now I think Chuck's counterpunching timing is just brilliant right now. I think it would be hard to avoid getting blasted by a bomb from Chuck over 5rds. Don't get me wrong I believe Shogun would be winning the fight but with his aggressive style there's only 2 ways this fight would go.....either Shogun smuthers the shit out of Chuck and beats him down to the most convinving loss Chuck has ever taken (even worse then Page) OR Shogun beats on Chuck like Mezger did but 10x worse and Chuck just times Rua and puts him out.....who knows, I said this in the other thread about Chuck that this would be an amazing fight and I also added that I thought Lil Nog (with his granite chin) would also be another great matchup.

#3 ·
there are soooo many Chuck Liddelll threads...

Anyways, im a huge ChuteBox fan but id pick cHUCK TO KO Shogun at sme point during the fight, experience could play a huge factor in this fight , we have also seeen shogun dropped and rocked int he past , if Chuck lands one solid punch i think the fight is over. Now my boy Wandy that is a diffferent story , he would no doubt in my mind bury Chuck

#4 ·
Punishment 101 said:
there are soooo many Chuck Liddelll threads...

Anyways, im a huge ChuteBox fan but id pick cHUCK TO KO Shogun at sme point during the fight, experience could play a huge factor in this fight , we have also seeen shogun dropped and rocked int he past , if Chuck lands one solid punch i think the fight is over. Now my boy Wandy that is a diffferent story , he would no doubt in my mind bury Chuck
no way..shogun is way tougher match up for chuck..wandy would walk right into chucks punches..shogun is smooth, fast and is the most athletic fighter out there..wandy is more of a brawler, shogun is the whole package!
it seems like alot of you guys jumped on chucks bandwagon, just cuz he knock out babalu...everyone knew it was gonna happen , and than when it did evryone jumped on chucks d**k...any decent striker could ko'd babalu if he came at them like that..babalu had the worst gameplan ever and now all the former chuck haters are on his jock for sum reason , i dont get it.....i love chuck and all, but i knew that was gonna happen...so it didnt really impress me

#5 ·
I dunnno bro did you seee the way Rampage beat CHUCK ??? being aggresive iin his standup bringing the fight to cHUCK , always moving forward gettting to the punch first , that is kinda like Wandys natural fighting style , imo wandy would take chuck out prettty easily, yes he comes forward alot but he doesnt throw girly punches like babablu , Wand hits to kill and usually comes in with a flurry of 10+ punches , Chuck wouldnt beable to handle the ferocity that wand brings to the ring

#6 ·
HORN stood toe to toe with cHUCK FOR 4 RDS.... WANDY DESTROYED AND ko'D FUJITA IN 1 RD FOR THE 1ST TIME EVER, wANDY COMES FROM CHUTEBOX/MUAY THAI , CHUCK IS A KEMPO AND KICKBOXER , BIG DIFFERENCE IMO

SORRRY ABOUT THE CAPS , I READ SOMEWHERE U THINK YOU GOT A VIRUS CUS CAPS ON OUT OF THE BLUE ... SAMEHTING HAPPENS TO ME :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :dunno:

#7 ·
first off i think the courture chuck fights would have been better if there wasnt the misfortunate events for randy of getting poked in they eye like everyone does that fights chuck cause he punches with his thumbs out and then the slip on the mat which gave chuck a wide open shot at him
second i think wandy would have a great chance in the fight he has a good chin and would bring the fight to chuck with pace if you dont allow chuck to circle and get his timing down his countering wont be as effective

#10 ·
You Are a Clown said:
first off i think the courture chuck fights would have been better if there wasnt the misfortunate events for randy of getting poked in they eye like everyone does that fights chuck cause he punches with his thumbs out and then the slip on the mat which gave chuck a wide open shot at him
second i think wandy would have a great chance in the fight he has a good chin and would bring the fight to chuck with pace if you dont allow chuck to circle and get his timing down his countering wont be as effective
you cant compare randy and shogun..shogun is sooo much better on his feet..if you notice when chuck fights guys with decent strikes he struggles..he was gettin roughed up by allistair overeeem, and mezger until catching them...but if he lets shogun get in the same type of shots that those guys got in, chucks going to sleep..because shoguns striking is so much better than those guys..look what rampage did to chuck..shogun gave rampage the biggest beating of his career..way worse than wandy did..rampage never had a shot in that fight..im really suprised about all the chuck support..dont get me wrong hes sick..i just think shogun is a bad match up for him, well for ne one really

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.