MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Shogun Talks New Dreams, From Kings MMA with R. Cordeiro and F. Roach

View Single Post

Old 03-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerius View Post
Rashad and Bader get clocked and knocked out in the first round. Both of them are easy to hit with suspect chins, particular Bader. As much as he's fallen these days, Shogun still finds & hits everyone he fights, and with his power those 2 are toast. Davis is hard to say, his striking sucks balls but his wrestling & ground skills are solid, he's the hardest matchup out of the 3 for Shogun.

Personal thoughts. Shogun needs to get back to where he was for the Liddell and Machida fights. He mixed things up beautifully instead of just relying on his overhand right and leaping left hook. He used low-high combos, attacked the body to get free headshots, and used his low kicks to take out his opponent's legs and open them up for more strikes. And of course get his cardio back, or at least better. If he can do all that he can take out anyone not named Jon Jones, and give Jones a damn good run for the money.
People always say that about Rashad, his chin isn't as bad as made out to be but Shogun certainly can KO him, Rashad likewise has the potential to out wrestle Shogun. I think Rashad would have beat him had their fight went through.

As for getting to where he was when he fought Machida, I don't think his body will allow that, he may know this hence his recent changes and he can still give many fits and beat most but I believe injuries ultimately got the best of him.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is online now   Reply With Quote