MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Shogun Talks New Dreams, From Kings MMA with R. Cordeiro and F. Roach

View Single Post

Old 03-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
As for getting to where he was when he fought Machida, I don't think his body will allow that, he may know this hence his recent changes and he can still give many fits and beat most but I believe injuries ultimately got the best of him.
Sad, but accurate. His knees are toasted from the busts/surgeries sequencies and he used them a lot to brilliantly mix thing up. Violent low kicks opening for nasty hand combos or knee direct strikes. We have been watching long periods of fights not seeing a single kick from Shogun. The reason is obvious for me.

Shogun used to be a professional model and gave up to get his face on the line against monsters. His heart and passion for the fights are unquestionable and are up there with Wand and Big Nog. These guys are legends.

McConaughey owns DiCaprio
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote