• Draw

Votes: 1 2.6%

***OFFICIAL*** Nate Marquardt vs. Jake Ellenberger Thread

6K views 78 replies 39 participants last post by  osmium 
#1 ·
Welterweight bout: 170 pounds

See less See more
#41 ·
Marquardt can't strike in the middle of the cage. Anyone with decent technique beats him there on points or KO/TKO.

Marquardt is only dangerous dirty boxing against the cage (maybe) or when someone is standing perfectly still in front of him.

Ellenberger should outclass him and make him look one dimensional unless something ridiculous happens.

#44 ·
while Jake has better technical stand up and more power.. if Nate can steer clear this may turn into a war.. Especially late 2nd and 3rd round, Nate doesn't have great conditioning but on average it's still better than Mr. Ellenberger's...

I think Jake is better but short of a flash KO he is gonna have to work hard for this win.

#46 ·
Nate is one of the more talented fighters, but dropped some big fights in his career.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm very curious to see if he would face GSP. For that I'll go with Nate.

#49 ·
Hopefully Onion burger comes in well conditioned for this one. I can see him beating Marquardt. I don't mind Marquardt, but he's too inconsistent for me to really follow him. I wouldn't want to see him defeat Jake just to go on to lose his next big fight in typical fashion.

#51 ·
Hopefully Onion burger comes in well conditioned for this one. I can see him beating Marquardt. I don't mind Marquardt, but he's too inconsistent for me to really follow him. I wouldn't want to see him defeat Jake just to go on to lose his next big fight in typical fashion.
Thats my only real knock an Nate,about the time I think he has it all together he lays an egg, he cost me quite a bit of worthless credits in his last fight..

#50 ·
Marquardt takes this. Better technique, faster, more varied.

It could be interesting if Ellenberger goes full wrestler since Marquardt is far too passive off his back.

But I think they come out and bang, Ellenberger waits all fight for the big punch and gets cut to pieces for three rounds instead.

#58 ·
Ellenberger is such a heavy hitter. Marquardt didn't look bad early on, but you have to watch out for Jake's power at all times. Probably the hardest hitting welterweight in the UFC.

#67 ·
He probably was concussed and forgot the last few seconds.

I feel for Nate, this was probably his last chance in his career.

At his age and salary and experience hes not just going to hang around.

Ellenberger and Hendricks are definitely the hardest hitters but Ellenberger has a left hook...Hendricks doesn't have a right hook.

Still....that didnt make a difference with there one common opponent who Ellenberger lost to, that Hendricks blitzed.

#66 ·
Honestly, Marquardt didn't look bad at all. He was landing throughout the round. Ellenberger just hits like a truck and his power needs to always be respected.

#70 ·
Marquardt may get another chance. It's not like he was completely out classed or anything. He got caught by one of the hardest punchers at 170. I doubt he will ever get another title shot though.

#72 ·
I agree with that. He was looking good and was landing consistently. He just made a mistake and Jake capitalized quickly and decisively.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.