MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 05-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #57 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
I realize that not everybody has a bag that they can toss around in their garage like I do for conditioning, so I thought I would add some bodyweight exercises and some low-freeweight exercises that guys can do that requires next to no equipment.

The first is the jumping pushups. Push the body up off of the ground (I usually clap, but just as a habit at this point) and then down like a regular push up, it's not really a foriegn drill to most guys who were high school athletes, but it is definitely something that I don't see used enough in MMA training.

Second is the straight-one armed lift. If you have freeweights this is a great exercise. Hold the weight in front of you with your legs bent and pull the weight back so that your arm is pulled back and your body torques away from the ground. This helps to build physical strength in the upper arm, shoulder and, if you are doing alot of torquing on the body, the abs.

Remember, do fast sets of these exercises with short breaks in between.

Jumping squats and sprawls are also good for building explosiveness as long as you are doing the fast repetitions and short sets with short breaks.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote