MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 17 Discussion

View Single Post

Old 03-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #233 (permalink)
Stapler
Super Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
I understand why the choices were the way they were, but can someone tell me why Jones and Sonnen keep talking about Bubba like he's a top guy on the show? Maybe Sonnen was just baiting Jones into picking his friend for the wild card. Hopefully that's the case.

Bubba isn't that great, he looked frightened as Kelvin was finishing him with that rear naked choke in their fight. Then his excuse was just baffling. He seemed all frustrated saying "He just kept coming...." as if he wasn't supposed too. What? You weren't expecting your opponent to give it his all just because he's young? You weren't expecting your opponent to show heart after he's made the sacrifices you have to get onto this show? You thought he'd just lay down and take a beating because you had so much more experience? I don't understand that excuse. It's as if he wasn't expecting Kelvin to put up a fight just because of his inexperience. If anything, that shows amateurism on Bubba's part. My rant is over, but Bubba didn't show a whole lot of heart in his fight against Kelvin. The only reason he may beat Kevin is because Kevin isn't that good himself at this point.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote