Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

TUF 18 Rousey vs Tate/Zigano as coaches ( men and women)

5K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  John8204 
#1 ·
Rousey vs winner of Tate/Zingano to be next TUF coaches.

Dana just announced it during the prelims. 135 lbs womens and 135 lbs mens. Both men and women will live in the same house.

#23 ·
Except, Lesnar was a good coach. Better than Dos Santos who was looking to be buddy buddy with his team the whole time. You don't gotta be an excellent fighter to be a good coach. I liked Lesnar and his team had a good season. His coaching carried some pretty poor fighters through the tournament.

This idea will be interesting to say the least. It almost makes me wonder if there will be any attempted intimate encounters. Stuck in a house for several weeks with all that tension. Who knows how it could make some of the singles act. I'm sure the crew is prepared though.

#4 ·
Just announced by dana, what a horrible idea not just for the female tuf with no depth but mainly because theres gonna be guys and girls in the same house, does dana really think the guys can learn enough off the girls or take them seriously as coaches? I've seen male coaches been disrespected before. Anyways thought comments agree disagree

#5 ·
This is some shit.

This will be the GOAT season as far as the reality segments go.

I wish it was just women and not men also there in the house.

That just makes it a ******* mess. I don't think it'll be a disaster, I think it'll be a bit like Big Brother/Real World

Oh and yeah obviously they will be jokes as coaches but most of them are...it's more about the guys they bring with them than the actual fighters.

#13 ·
I don't think you have to worry about the guys respecting the girls, it will come down to the girls respecting the guys. Don't forget the ladies team is going to likely be stacked with some serious names.

Also if it's Miesha Tate your going to have her boy friend Bryan Caraway and likely Dennis Hallman as assistant coaches you aren't going to have respect issues.

#19 ·
I gotta be honest, I don't like the men and women living in the house together. Not for any sexist view, but we know that alcohol runs that house, and it gets worse the longer the show goes on. I'd really hate to see something horrible happen and really put a black eye on the UFC.

As far as women coaches or a woman season? Love the idea!

#21 ·
I don't think anything bad will happen.

At the end of the day there a TV crew and a room full of fighters there.

A lot of the nonsense drama/fighting in the past has been contrived..like Frank Mir alluded to in that interview.

I'm sure if someone were trying to legitimately **** someone like some are alluding to, it would be stopped quite swiftly.

#20 ·
Oh stop being drama queens.

This kind of thing will sell well and make for entertaining TV and that's really the main focus.

Appealing to a niche audience is fine and dandy but this is a solid PR move and I'm looking forward to the drama.

I just, like I said hoped they go all female first and maybe save the Real World/Big Brother MMA for later.

#25 ·
Lets be real here, TUF has been shit for many years now with fewer and fewer guy from it having decent UFC careers. This is for ratings and nothing more. Talent-wise I bet it will be horrible, especially the guys. But now that its TUF big brother version the entertainment aspect will save the ratings perhaps. You cant put a bunch of girls/guys who fight for a living in a house to live together, without their gfs/bfs/wives/husbands for weeks and not expect the obvious. That's what gets ratings unfortunately.

#26 · (Edited)
Lets be real here, TUF has been shit for many years now with fewer and fewer guy from it having decent UFC careers. This is for ratings and nothing more. Talent-wise I bet it will be horrible, especially the guys. But now that its TUF big brother version the entertainment aspect will save the ratings perhaps. You cant put a bunch of girls/guys who fight for a living in a house to live together, without their gfs/gfs/wives/husbands for weeks and not expect the obvious. That's what gets ratings unfortunately.
Not anymore really. Big brother and real world aren't exactly burning up the ratings. Jersey shore did well only because of the people who were guarenteed to act like fools. I also believe it's ratings took a hit.

My problem isn't the coaches they rarely do any actual coaching. However the team they bring is what it's about. Ronda could probably round up some great coaches, but do you see either Tate or Zigano bringing in a team? Doesn't Tate train with her boyfriend? Are either if those girls going to be able to bring a team? I could be talking out of my ass and no doubt will be told so but I don't have a single clue what camp either of them are from.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#36 ·
The Woman's division is so shallow that the winner of this season could be fighting for the tittle within the year.

This could be car crash TV, imagine getting a violent douche bag like Junnie Browning loose in the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.