MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Biggest threat to GSP title?

View Single Post

Old 03-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
420atalon
Super Heavyweight

420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness
Ellenberger is a good fighter and similar to Hendricks. He is too tentative though and GSP would pick him apart with ease imo. Ellenberger would always be a step behind.

Hendricks on the other hand as he showed tonight is bat shit crazy and willing to throw it all out there to go for a knockout. He has devastating power in his hands and will run forward guns blazing, he had Condit in trouble a few times tonight and I consider Condit to be much more composed then GSP when under fire.

Try and think back to the last power puncher that really tried to bull rush GSP. I honestly can't think of one as both Koscheck and Alves fought much to tentatively. I can however think of multiple occurrences where GSP has looked a little dazy after taking a decent punch(tonight near end of the 3rd round for example).

If Hendricks can stuff GSP's takedowns in the first/second rounds then I see him posing a fair threat to GSP. If not then the only WW I think that might be able to beat him is MacDonald but I don't think that fight will happen. Maia might have a chance but I see his takedowns getting stuffed and picked apart standing.
420atalon is offline   Reply With Quote