MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Confirmed! Newfound Particle Is the Higgs

View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
There are two reasons for doing research on this subject:

1. To answer the question everyone always wants to know - how does it all work and how did it all get here. We come closer and closer to finding out all the answers, and things like this are a big step towards that.

2. Who knows when the information on how the universe works/comes into existence can benefit us. It might be a major player in intergalactic space travel or any number of things that we aren't sure how to do yet.

We have a very limited number of years left on this planet before we pollute it to a point where we can't live here anymore, or a meteor comes and wipes us out, or if none of that happens the sun will definitely kill all life on earth in about 500 million years. We need to know as much about space and the universe as possible to make sure we have all the information we need to make progress towards leaving this place/finding a new planet/place to live.
Exciting times. I wonder how long it'l be until they can start giving the public information on the hows and whys etc. A few years obviously but I'm looking forward to it.

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote