Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who is the best Muay Thai practioner in MMA?

17K views 54 replies 38 participants last post by  Voiceless 
#1 ·
Who is the best Muay Thai practioner in MMA today?

#4 ·
i agree with anderson silva. he is one of the most precise strikers in all of mma. great kicks.. great knees and has one of the most devastating Muay thai clinches. if i had a choice of having fedor in my guard or being in anderson silvas muay thai clinch.. im not sure wat id choose.

for the record.. anderson silvas ground game is NOT top notch. lutter mounted him fairly easy in the first round. im not saying its bad but ive seen better

#6 ·
xbrokenshieldx said:
i agree with anderson silva. he is one of the most precise strikers in all of mma. great kicks.. great knees and has one of the most devastating Muay thai clinches. if i had a choice of having fedor in my guard or being in anderson silvas muay thai clinch.. im not sure wat id choose.

for the record.. anderson silvas ground game is NOT top notch. lutter mounted him fairly easy in the first round. im not saying its bad but ive seen better

LOL? Anderson is a striker, lutter is a grappler, how the hell does a striker get a grapple in a triangle? Means silva is good, hes obvisly not top notch, i was over exadurating but it is really good.

#7 ·
BJJ Boy said:
LOL? Anderson is a striker, lutter is a grappler, how the hell does a striker get a grapple in a triangle? Means silva is good, hes obvisly not top notch, i was over exadurating but it is really good.
yea i agree silva is good. but i get u were exaggerating now i just thought u literally meant he was TOP NOTCH. but he definitely is good at bjj.

if silva had a little better take down defense i honestly think he could be considered one of the best p4p fighters (excluding fedor) in the world. that guy is amazing striking and has good ground skills

#10 ·
psychonorm said:
Kit Cope has incredible Muay Thai skills, and Cheick Kongo impressed the hell out of me too
KIT COPE ISN'T THAT GREAT AND HE IS ALSO ON STEROIDS:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#13 ·
lol i think most of us will agree that anderson silva's style is like no other but a good practioner of muay thai, have you seen then lead uppercut elbow he landed on............ i forget his name, it was a fight in cage rage, it was beautiful though, actually heres a link......

YouTube - Anderson Silva standing elbow KO

#16 ·
Isn't their actually 3 different styles of Muay Thai. I train in Muay Thai in Korea but I've heard of a Dutch version that is supposed to be badass too. Can't remember what they called the third... Iwas thinking Silva did the Dutch version or something like that. And Kit Cope is an awesome Muay Thai fighter. He's got a cool new show too.

#19 ·
Martin KAmpmann is up there too...!:thumbsup:

I'd say Anderson Silva is p4p the best muay thai practitioner in the UFC.

ANd what about Cro Cop, isnt his style Muay THai or is more Kickboxing..??

#20 ·
I don't think that CropCop does Muay Thai. I think its Kickboxing. But, a BEASTLY Muay Thai MMA guy is Cyrille "Snake" Diabate. I saw him fight Shogun. While Rua is definitely the better overall fighter, Diabate was TOOLING him in the standup. After barely blocking some lightning-fast high kicks and a flying knee, Shogun was tagged clean with a super-speed cross. In that instant, he saw that he was absolutely SCREWED in the standup, as this all happened within the first twelve seconds of the match. So he took the guy down and eventually stomped him out. But again, his striking was amazing.

#24 ·
kit cope is good at muay thai...but in mma he gets his ass handed to him pretty easily....silva is def one of the best in mma....crazy clinch...i'd hate to get whipped around in that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.