MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay Thai or TKD

View Single Post

Old 05-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #27 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
its true thai kicks are basically roundhouse kicks, except MT fighters don't chamber up like you would in TKD.

unless you learn boxing concurrently with TKD, like I do, I agree you won't learn much that would help you on the street, apart from what you learn if you do self-defense renduri in class, for example.

but i still think that if you can't find a MT or jujitsu teacher, TKD helps enormously with speed, balance, agility, and general grace and fluidity of movement. Not to mention leg and core strength, b/c of all the kicks.
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote