MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Will Carlos Condit ever be an undisputed UFC Champion?

View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
leifdawg
Welterweight

leifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By Allleifdawg Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
That's a debatable topic that I've heard many different sides of. Most larger athletes fall into what you're suggesting... but most endruance based athletes peak in their late 20s/early 30s and MMA is without question an endurance sport.

As far as the general concensus around here goes. I actually think Carlos as the best chance of beating GSP, and should Hendrix beat George, and Carlos wins his next fight or two... that is a very promotable rematch, the Hendrix/Condit fight easily could have been scored the other way.

It's funny that Diaz was bitching about the scoring system after his fight (as he always does I know)... but the truth is Carlos had the most reason to be pissed, but he's too classy to bitch.
On average, test levels start to drop after 25.

Take a look at this page with stats from the 2012 olympics.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/data...al-winners#age

Over two thirds of the medalists were between the ages of 20-30. And I would be willing to bet if you cut out the non-athletic events like archery and equestrian riding that percentage would grow.

ETA specifically, take a look at the average age for wrestling (26), judo (26), boxing (25), and taekwondo (23).