MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nick Diaz "Off the Record" Rule Changes Emerge from UFC 158 Weigh-Ins

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #52 (permalink)
locnott
Lightweight

locnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg160187 View Post
Except with the approval of the Commission, or its executive director, the classes for mixed martial arts contests or exhibitions and the weights for each class shall be:

Welterweight over 155 to 170 pounds
Middleweight over 170 to 185 pounds

In non-championship fights, there shall be allowed a 1 pound weigh allowance. In championship fights, the participants must weigh no more than that permitted for the relevant weight division.

Over 170 includes 170.1 so unless they are fighting for the MW title, yes the weigh in rules are set in stone... Only grey area I can see you clutching at is the first section I bolded, but in truth I can't see how a commission can just up the weight by a pound. For a giggle can you tell me how many catch weight TITLE fights there have been in the UFC to date?

Ignorance of MMA is comparing lay and pray to trying to walk through your opponents punches... Do I think GSP's fighting style is boring... Yes I do but more because he has the tools to finish or at least try and finish some of the opponents he has faced and chooses not to. I respect the skills he has in his arsenal I just think it's a shame he chooses not to use them... I just can't understand how you can compare a guy walking forward with his chin in the air as 'safe' in the same way as laying on top of an opponent avoiding nearly all chances to either submit or pass into full guard and GnP someone...

What happened to the biggest beating of Diaz's life we were meant to witness? If I had the time I'd post a picture of the damage a LW in the form of BJ Penn did in 3 rounds compared to the damage the WW champ GSP did in 5...

As for you not posting with emotion but only fact you sure seem heated to me
Does the approval of the commission only apply to non-title fights?
if not then he commission obviously approved it so this whole conversation would be pointless...
locnott is offline   Reply With Quote