MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nick Diaz "Off the Record" Rule Changes Emerge from UFC 158 Weigh-Ins

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #53 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyou666 View Post
I've seen this crap on another site. Simple fact is, that if they didn't give GSP the extra time, Diaz wouldn't have been in a title fight. If anything, it was for Diaz's benefit that GSP be allowed extra time. It's not like if he missed weight, they'd just cancel the fight, it'd turn into a 5 round non-title fight. The extra time benefited Diaz more than GSP. At least the extra time gave Diaz the opportunity to fight for a title rather than be dominated in a 5 round non-title fight.
This is getting ignored to much as is the fact that every event in Montreal since Serra/GSP has failed to use a decimal at weigh ins. The official records all show even numbers this isn't a coincidence. Secondly somebody in every title fight has weighed in on the line GSP at 170 or Thales Leites at 185. You think they shot it even? Like I said I think maybe Diaz's corner were the ones that messed up by not making sure they knew any regional discrepancies from the normal unified rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyHobo View Post
I disagree with that. Imagine the fans if GSP didn't make weight. So many MMA fans aren't exactly forgiving, make one mistake and they turn on you. I say it benefited GSP and the UFC more. (If it's true if he was struggling with losing weight)
Really you don't think GSP coming out saying I was sick and struggling but I still wanted to come out here and put on a show for all of you and give Nick Diaz the ass kicking he deserves would have ignited that fans? Hell the UFC could likely spin it to make him MORE popular. I don't think you give those guys enough credit they sold Dan Hardy, Joe Stevenson and Thales Leites as legitimate Contenders in there divisions, selling a sick GSP trying valiantly to make weight and fight is a cake walk...

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote