MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC exec Marc Ratner asks NSAC to take softer stance on marijuana use

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
They are not seeing Weed as a performance enhancing drug they are looking at it as a a judgment impairing drug as they wouldn't let a fighter step in the cage drunk. Decisions like taking that extra shot after the bell, holding that choke a little longer, those are decisions that effect the other fighters safety and they want both fighters to have clear heads when those decisions are made.

Its not about pain relief or performance enhancing.
Commission doctors have actually claimed that it is...

"According to MMAweekly.com, NSAC commission chairman Dr. Tony Alamo stated during Tuesday's hearing in Las Vegas that Diaz's Delta-9-THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) reading was an off-the-charts 175. A test is considered positive when THC levels broach 15, while Nevada holds its standard at 50.

"This creates a unique situation," expressed Alamo.

"I was there at this fight and believe that you were intoxicated, and that it made you numb to the pain," Alamo told Diaz, who was present. "Did it help you win? I think it did.""