MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nick Diaz "Off the Record" Rule Changes Emerge from UFC 158 Weigh-Ins

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #64 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexZ View Post
My problem is that there is no concrete evidence that the Canadian commission has implemented this .9 lbs allowance? Without evidence, it's probable the Canadian commission made it up for GSP's benefit.

Maybe someone could shed better light on it instead of sweeping it under the rug.
Well I would think the fact that since the Quebec Commission actually came up with a set of rules for MMA, (just before Silva/Leites,(long story involving an event with a riot the week before). ) Every single UFC event held in Montreal has no decimals in any of the official weigh in results. It was something that nobody has likely picked up till now but at the same time both GSP and Thales Leites have come in at the respective limits (GSP 170, Leites 185). The odds of hitting the weight that bang on for a title fight seem absurd so I am gonna come to the only logical conclusion that this has been in effect since then. the difficult thing for guys like Diaz and Condit though would be that as its in Quebec and government it likely is all printed in French and made as difficult as possible for english speakers.. Its unlikely that most people who fight there would be aware of this because of that.

Seriously go back and watch every weigh in for a UFC event in Montral since then and you won't find a single decimal place.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote