MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC exec Marc Ratner asks NSAC to take softer stance on marijuana use

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
rabakill
Light Heavyweight

rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenhead View Post
As has been said numerous times, it has both positive & negative effects, and it doesn't necessarily affect everyone the same. Unfortunately, it's not black and white. Still, like I said before, it shouldn't be treated the same as 'roids. Nor should it be OK to fight "under any influence".
I think, and go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong, that it's pretty much proven to inhibit reaction time universally. I know it can help people train because it helps reduce pain but I think the reduction in pain is going to be overridden by the reduced reaction time. Plus, in a fight adrenaline takes over and you don't feel much pain anyways. I just don't see how it's going to help in a fight and I smoke weed all the time.
rabakill is online now   Reply With Quote