MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC exec Marc Ratner asks NSAC to take softer stance on marijuana use

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Iuanes
Featherweight

Iuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A Baller
Just one random thing, but apparently not? Actually it say it affect 'linear movements' but I don't know what that means.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/600655

Also, there are different kinds of marijuana which have different affects, as well as different physiologies. I know a guy who literally become paralyzed for several hours if he smokes marijuana.

In my own personal experience, I find weed to have amazing initial effects on reaction time, coordination and sometimes physical creativity. We play this ping pong game with adapted rules and two balls, basically the ultimate test of coordination, timing and reflexes. Some of the players definitely get a boost after taking a weed break, as attested by objective, sober onlookers. I've returned balls I definitely could never get if I wasn't blitzed

Again though, I find that weed reduces focus,so if youre not focused on the task you wont get any benefit and like it will be a detriment.

I find the notion that weed reduces physical confidence comes from the fact that people simply don't care, or don't know how to use the high when it comes.
Iuanes is offline   Reply With Quote