MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 03-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #1356 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Submission Wrestling

Finally it was no gi. I was excited because I haven't done no gi in awhile but figured I'd do well. I got paired with all the badasses though. First two rolls were against skilled (and one was freakishly strong) purple belts. Got smashed and tapped to a variety of things that I can't remember. Third roll was a stalemate.

Advanced Gi

Technique was a sweep from de la riva. Then we drilled from de la riva. Did alright and hit a few sweeps. Rolled and did better having a good back and forth with a blue and getting the edge on a brown belt. Jorge pulled me aside and asked me my name and if I wanted to train hard. At first I thought I was getting in trouble for rolling too hard (which I don't think I do at all). Turns out he just invited me to come to competition class tues&thurs at 1pm. I'm flattered but we'll see!
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote