MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Boxers.....bring it on!

View Single Post

Old 05-19-2007, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
theboz19
Flyweight

theboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hugtheboz19 Needs A Hug
Hmmm, Mayweather made 10 Million + on his fight with Oscar. What did Dana offer?

I really don't understand the "boxer bashing" on this forum. Let's say Mayweather decides to slum it with the hillbillies and takes a fight with Sherk. He then trains for 3 months in takedown defense from the best team money can buy. He then turns Sherks face into a bloody stump. Did a boxer beat Sherk? or did a trained MMA fighter beat him?

Don't misunderstand me. I completely and totally agree that 99% of the time that a wrestler only fights a boxer only then the wrestler wins. The point I am trying to make is that if a top level boxer decides to do MMA, he is going to do some cross-training and thus no longer be a boxer just as a wrestler who trains in striking is no longer a wrestler.

"DULCE ET DECORUM EST PRO PATRIA MORI"
theboz19 is offline   Reply With Quote