MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 17 Discussion

View Single Post

Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #256 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By AllStapler Is Beloved By All
Collin Hart came out with a bad game plan and paid for it early. It was interesting to see two grapplers come out looking to slug it out. I like Kelvin, he's a tough guy that keeps coming. Bubba looked to grapple with him and Kelvin used that against him, and Collin looked to brawl with him and Kelvin used that against him. He's not afraid to take the fight anywhere.

Luke vs. Dylan confirmed what I said about Luke. For a tall guy, he utilizes his reach poorly and gets caught a lot. If Gilbert utilized his striking more against Luke, I think he could have walked away with the win as well. I'm glad Dylan realized he could stand with him before it was too late. Guys were giving Luke's stand up way too much respect because he was 6'6" in my opinion. Grappling with him was the wrong idea. Even Sonnen was rating him too highly considering he was his number one pick. Not saying Luke doesn't have potential, but his striking defense is very poor and he needs to work on utilizing that reach. Cool to see one guys last pick beat the other guys first pick.

Good fight and effort from both guys though, this season has been great.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Demian Maia
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote