MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The 'Recent Purchases' Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #32 (permalink)
Spite
YNWA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Spite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF MaterialSpite Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You can't use broadheads in the UK? That's lame. The above bow can use different limbs to adjust the poundage. I bought 50lb limbs but you can get anything from 30(for bow fishing) to 65 or 70 for deer hunting.

Recurves are much harder to pull back than a compound. The compounds "break over" after you pull it back so far so it's easier to hold and find your target. Recurves are pretty much pull and shoot.
I'm not a 100% sure on it but what I've heard is they are very hard to get a hold of.

Reason being is that you can't hunt in the UK. So if you are caught on public land with them, your screwed. Police will charge you with being in possession of an offensive weapon. Basically you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

Your probably permitted to own them here, just not use them unless they are being used on private land at a distance that is of no harm to the public or animals.