MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida will be LHW Champ by the end of 2013

View Single Post

Old 03-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #65 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Lyoto landed some nasty shots on Hendo, he struck with the intent to finish. The intent to not get hit was just as important though, because Hendo can change momentum with short strikes and Lyoto is not a tank physically. Hendo is. All this combined makes for a three round fight.

Lyoto has been equally impressive in the Bader and Hendo bouts IMO, to me he looks reinvented and better than ever. This doesn't mean I feel the need to make a thread claiming he'll be Champion before the year is out though.
I would say his intent to not get hit far outweighed the very, very minimal intent of finishing the fight. In fact, he spent far more time avoiding a fight then actually fighting. Which makes me sick watching Hendo's epic run end with a fighter refusing to...well fight. It was about the lamest way to end his epic run. No respect...or in Brazil no hespect.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote