Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Ronda Rousey submits Uriah Hall twice on TUF 17

5K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  LizaG 
#1 ·
Uriah Hall glad TUF didnt show footage of Ronda Rousey pwning him

Uriah Hall thought it was great that Ronda Rousey visited the "Ultimate Fighter" cast members during their filming over the winter. He thought it was even better that they didn’t show his grappling sessions with the UFC women’s bantamweight champion.

Hall, who fights at 185 pounds – 50 more than Rousey, underestimated the former judo Olympic medalist intitially. He found that to be a terrible mistake.

"I said to myself, ‘I can get out of this,’" Hall told The Post. "Then she caught me and I was like, ‘Oh my God, this [expletive] is real.’"

Hall, a Queens resident, said Rousey got him in two armbars while grappling – and he couldn’t get out. He compared it to rolling with an anaconda or a cat. Rousey is 7-0 as a professional with every win coming via first-round armbar.
"You can’t grab her and if you do grab her, you’re [expletive]," Hall said with a laugh.

Hall’s quarterfinal matchup against Bubba McDaniel airs on "The Ultimate Fighter" on Tuesday night (FX, 9 p.m.). The Muay Thai fighter is the favorite to win the entire show. His head kick stoppage of Adam Cella on the second episode is regarded as the best knockout in "TUF" history.

Hall’s star has risen since being on the show and there’s little doubt he’ll find a place on the UFC roster whether or not he wins the tournament. He has been to the gym of his "Ultimate Fighter" coach Chael Sonnen in Oregon to train and also out to California to work with Rousey.

That humbling experience on the show has led to a friendship with the women's champion. Hall still doesn’t want that grappling footage getting out there, though.

"Thank God they didn’t show that, because she totally kicked my ass," Hall said, laughing.
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/the_m...y_kicked_lRkpjP0fmXvRCPQgunqD5K#axzz2PEXWZqkr

#8 ·
To see if a youtube video is already posted the best away is to search for his id tag.
If you search for: "glCAiJpfAFE"
This thread and the other will appear in the search results.

Reactions: onip69
#14 ·
I understand that Ronda is tough and could easily tap someone like me, but Hall is what you nerds call a Sith Lord. I tend to believe that were he going anywhere near full force, he'd overpower and potentially injure Ronda. I don't see it as a stretch that one of the most violent men in the show's history would hold back and not risk hurting (a) a woman, and (b) one of the UFC's biggest stars.

#15 ·
If they we're fighting MMA, I would totally agree. But pure grappling? I dunno. He looked pretty fecking humbled in the interview. I'm not saying he was going full power to beat Rousy... but he was certainly trying his damnedest to not get armbarred and he couldn't stop it. Thats impressive which ever way you cut it.

#18 ·
Didn't he also get all pouty because he got subbed in training by someone? Little frownyface time sitting on the mat? ;)

Anyway obviously she was supposed to be demonstrating technique, not really testing them, and they were goofing around some and we are still seeing only a portion of what all happened. But, nonetheless, I bet once she sinks an armbar even on a big talented guy its tough to defend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.