Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Call the next big upset

5K views 56 replies 27 participants last post by  OU 
#1 ·
Let's try to make it for main events, contenders or title fights. Doesn't have to be massive upsets. I think Mousasi over Gus would probably qualify and it's what I'll probably roll with.

#3 ·
On a main card...I like Ryan Couture to beat Ross Pearson. Couture is scrappy and Pearson has a history of getting clipped by scrappy guys.

In a main event...Mark Hunt over JDS, I think championship hangover will be in effect.

#28 ·
god, that would make my heart shrivel up.

Chael Sonnen will walk into that octagon and he'll knock that drunk sadist on his sorry ass and then order Jones' old lady to make him a steak....

MEDIUM RARE.
real people eat their steak rare... i'd call chael real.

i'm gonna call Showtime over Aldo.

i would say Werdum/Nog would be an upset..... but i'm still not sure which one winning would be a bigger upset?

#21 ·
Don't get me wrong, I'd be less certain were Sonnen stepping in there with fighters like Glover and Gustaf, but I'm actually very confident that Chael could beat most, if not all the fighters Jones has thus far laid a whooping on.

I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but Sonnen is looking huge at LHW, and I'm looking forward to seeing how strong he is at this weight class. If he can grab ahold of Jones and muscle him down, we may have ourselves an interesting fight. No one has ever put real pressure on Jon before... Sonnen will at least attempt to do so.

#27 ·
I don't see it either, Chael has to shoot from a million miles away. Jon can eat his lunch before he greco flips him.

That being said, I would love to see Chael get a TD in this fight and put Jones in strange territory, I just don't see it happening.

Upsets? No ideas, Vinny vs Phil is an intriguing match up though...

#42 ·
Ilir Latifi wrestle****s Gegard Mousasi. Only thing I can find on him says he lacks confidence in his hands and relies to much on his wrestling, sounds like a winning game plan here especially against a guy who was training to fight a long lanky striker.

#44 ·
And the fact that Mo even horribly gassed was easily taking Gegard down lays heavy when you examine the fight. Gegard would have been working hard on striking with lanky guys not on defending the take down, he was prepared for a wrestler against Mo he isn't here it's a big change for him. if I knew if the replacement was preparing for a fight I could possibly bet on him.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

#47 ·
Top three big upset picks

1. Couture over Pearson Strikeforce midcard defeats UFC midcard. Couture is bigger with better wrestling and a better chin and Pearson is scrappy but scrappy doesn't win fights consistently.
2. Josh Samman over Urijah Hall Hall has the striking but lacks the grappling. I feel like the UFC has been protecting Hall so he hasn't got layed and prayed, Josh could do it.
3. Ilir Latifi over Gregard Mousassi because you never bet against a wrestler, especially not against a guy that Keith Jardine took down five times in a round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.