MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nick Diaz is retired unless he gets St. Pierre rematch or Anderson Silva

View Single Post

Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
MLD
Bantamweight

MLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level nowMLD is on another level now
I'm mildly interested in seeing Nick fight, but I'm not a fan of Nick "the person" at all. I knew GSP would beat him, but didn't realize it would be as one-sided as it was. Right now I have no interest in seeing him fight GSP again. And now that I know what GSP can do to him, I think it would be a complete waste of everyone's time (except moneywise) to have him fight Anderson. That would be a fatality for sure. So if those are the only fights he wants to take, bye bye Nick. If he wanted to work his way back to a title contention by fighting guys like Rory, Condit, Johny, or Ellenberger then I think we'd see some exciting fights. And I think the PPV numbers on those contender fights might still be impressive because Diaz is a draw. But if Nick wants to take his toys and go home unless he gets to pick outlandish opponents he has not earned the right to fight, then I say good riddance.
MLD is offline   Reply With Quote