Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

More UFC stats BS

3K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  Reflex 
#1 ·
Couture grows to 6'0 and Moose to 6'2 when they get to the ufc.

Im so sick of their fake height crap for most fighters take off 2 inches and maybe you're getting there. 6'4 Mitrione is 6'2 according to his footy stats.

Not to mention carwin, Brock 6'2 nfl height, matching 6'5 Overeem. I met Randy and Karo theyre lucky to be 5'10 and 5'8 respectively.

#12 ·
I guess American people must be used to having lies rammed down their throats so it seems normal.

To the average person its just ridiculous and insulting to our intelligence to see the heights jump the second they hit the ufc.

You're saying 80% of the fighters just make up the wrong heights but only when they become ufc fighters and all in the positive direction? Lol

Its just the audacity and blatant lying that is ridiculous... Who knows what important things they fib about as well is the inference.

#14 ·
If you're going to get your delicate European panties in a bunch about something, at least it should be something meaningful, like the definition of a grounded opponent, for example.

What difference does it make if a fighter is 2" taller or shorter than the number he's listed as? Will it affect his chances of winning if they list the correct height? Are you betting money based on height?

This is a non-issue.

#15 ·
Yeah man Im with you OP! I remember one UFC event I watched, all the fights were FANTASTIC. They were all finished with most ending in KO, and some ending submission. This card featured some of the greatest performances of all time! I was a happy fan. But then on the main event, as soon as I saw Anderson Silvas height listed at 6'1 1/2 when he's CLEARLY 6'2, I was so furious, I punched a hole in my 70'' TV, threw it out the window and watched it fall to the ground!!! I payed 45 bucks to see this event, and while the fights delivered, if they're gonna get the FRIGGIN HIEGHTS WRONG I WILL.NEVER UFC EVER AGAIN!!!

#24 ·
Every man in the world lies about height. For licenses they just ask you your height, not like they measure it. And guess what? Everyone states 1"-3" taller than they are. I had a friend who was 6'1" in shoes and had 6'4" on his drivers license. No idea why by heightism is a big thing in the male universe.

#36 ·
Its something that could be fixed easily to prevent retarded staredowns that make the stats look like bullshit. Like barao in the space of a night went from a 19 to 27 to 32 fight win streak through the commentary pre show and during!

It aint wwe

#37 ·
Promoters will usually stretch the truth in order to bring as much excitement to an event as possible. It's a part of advertising.

Hector Lombard actually had a draw with Kyle Noke four fights after his last loss coming into the UFC, which mean he was on a 20 fight win streak. Do you think the UFC was going to promote the fight that way? No. They were going to say he was on a 24 or 25 fight win streak comming into the UFC.

Jake Shields before the fight with GSP had had his last fight in strikeforce with Dan Henderson in which he had been brutally knocked down in the first round before eventually getting the decision victory. Do you honestly think the UFC would have done a good job of promoting the GSP/Shields fight had they stated that? They instead stated the Jake Shields had never been knocked down and was on a 16 fight win streak.

Lyoto Machida took plenty of shots from BJ Penn and Stephan Bonnar before eventually taking his first loss from The second fight with Shogun. Did they state that exact fact before the first Shogun/Machida fight? No. They promoted that fight as the Mythodical Dragon who has never been hit vs Shogun, the guy who dominated pride.

They do these things for promotional veiwership. What is there to worry about if you as a fan already know the true statistics of these fighters, yet is still content with watching the UFC? It's not like you are completely clueless as to any of the fighters statistics, and the UFC promos and the Tales of the tape are the only outlets you have as to finding out these.fighters.physical stature and credintials. If they want to stretch the truth, let them. I mean, what high profile athletic event do YOU know that does an effective job of promoting themselves while at the same time, tells the absolute, 100% truth?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.